Faith Bible Church, Coronavirus Response
Friday, May 22, 2020 Update
Dear Church Family,
It’s a big week at Faith Bible Church! As you probably know, we reopen for worship services on Sunday morning, May 24th.
Here are a few reminders for this week’s gathering:
- Family Worship Services at 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM.
- Nursery will not be offered. Sunday School for children and students will not meet. ABF’s will not meet.
- Activity packets will be available for those smaller children who don’t have much experience sitting through an entire worship service.
- You will not be handed a bulletin from a smiling greeter. If you want a bulletin and outline they will be available on tables and at the welcome center.
- Every other row in the Worship Center will be blocked off to ensure social distancing.
- If the Worship Center is overly crowded at least two overflow spaces will be available (Fellowship Hall and High School room).
- Coffee, tea, or other refreshments will not be provided.
Here are a few encouragements for those in attendance:
- Keep a reasonable distance between families, preferably 6 feet.
- Take advantage of one of the six hand sanitizing stations and wipes that are available.
- Do not crowd the bathrooms and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Respect others by initiating non-contact greetings.
- Sit in family groups in the Worship Center or in overflow areas.
- Try not to congregate after the service. We must sanitize and make room for the next service.
- Join the service online if you have been sick or if any member of your family is sick or at risk.
We are not requiring masks for gathered worship, but we are not discouraging anyone from wearing them. Please do not feel apprehensive about attendance if you wear a mask.
We also want to point out for those at risk or 65 and older the state’s “safer at home” guidelines remain in place through the end of May. If you are in those categories please do not feel pressure to attend this weekend. We trust you to do what is best for you and your family members.
Again, if you are not in attendance this Sunday we will still be streaming the services live on the various streaming platforms.
Here are a few announcements:
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL – VBS dates has been moved to late July. If you’d like to register your child or volunteer to serve go to the online sign up page of our Faith Bible Church website. If you have questions about VBS you can reach out to Connie Goodson (email@example.com)
CAMP! – Our Middle School Camp and Kids Camp is being hosted by Camp WOW in Gerty, OK. Camp dates or June 15-18. You can register your child for camp on the online sign up page of our Faith Bible Church website. If you have questions please reach out to Justin Kinsley or Connie Goodson.
NEXT SUNDAY, MAY 31st – We will be gathering for Family Worship only. Worship times are 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM. We will not be providing a nursery. Kid’s classes, student Sunday school, and ABF’s will not be held.
A MORE EXCELLENT WAY – Starting June 14th we’ll begin a new Sunday morning sermon series. This summer we’ll be studying godly “Love” from 1 Corinthians 13.
Also, please remember our missions partners:
FAITHWORKS OF THE INNER CITY – In the midst of COVID-19 the ministry of FaithWorks continues to meet needs in the Shidler community. FWIC is still providing meals, challenging kids to memorize Scripture, and responding to daily requests for help in the neighborhood. You can support the ongoing ministry by putting “FaithWorks” or “FWIC” in the memo line of your Faith Bible Church contribution or use choose Faith Works from the dropdown menu on our online giving page.
SALLY GOIN – Sally suffered a severe ankle injury last week and is confined to a cast for six weeks. She did have a successful surgery, but would covet your prayers for a quick recovery.
KENYA CHURCH PLANT – Our church has made the decision to postpone our annual church plant in Kenya and instead look forward to returning to finish this plant in the summer of 2021. Currently we have raised ½ of the $47,500 needed to build this church. If you would like to give towards this church plant, please earmark your giving to “Kenya 2021” or choose “Kenya Mission Trip” from the dropdown menu on the online giving page.
Our gradual reopening of the church for worship is no small thing. We know that this time of isolation has given all of us a hunger for the kind of fellowship that only the church can provide and we are eager to see each other and worship together in the weeks to come. Whether you attend in person or participate on the livestream let’s continue to look to Jesus as our only hope in life and death.
Thank you for your partnership in the gospel,
-The Faith Bible Staff and Elders