Faith Bible Church, Coronavirus Response
Thursday, May 14, 2020 Midweek Update
Dear Church Family,
If you haven’t already heard, we are reopening Faith Bible Church for in-person gatherings on Sunday, May 24th. It will be our first gathering since Wednesday, March 11th, and while our regathering on that day won’t be “just like old times” it is an exciting step toward normalcy.
Why the 24th, you ask? Well, here are few answers to that frequently asked question:
- The 24th is Memorial Day weekend. Reopening on the 24th is the equivalent of a soft launch. At almost every level of society reopenings have been gradual. This is our way of gradually reopening for gathered worship.
- The 24th is the second weekend in Phase 2 of Oklahoma’s state reopening plan. While a decision to reopen on the 17th made sense, waiting an extra week allows us to better monitor the success of the state’s Phase 1 plan. We also did not want to be in a situation where we reopened for a week and then had to shut the doors again.
- Because “safer at home” guidelines remain in place for our seniors and at-risk members, reopening on the 24th only keeps them away from gathering for two weeks (the 24th and 31st). We suspect the “safer at home” encouragements will be lifted in June and at that point everyone can be encouraged to come together.
As outlined in a previous email here is what gathered worship will look like on the 24th and 31st of May:
- Family Worship Services at 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM.
- Nursery will not be offered. Sunday School for children and students will not meet. ABF’s will not meet.
- Every other row in the Worship Center will be blocked off to ensure social distancing.
- If the Worship Center is overly crowded at least two overflow spaces will be available (Fellowship Hall and High School room).
- Coffee, tea, or other refreshments will not be made offered.
Here are a few encouragements for those in attendance:
- Keep a reasonable distance between families, preferably 6 feet.
- Take advantage of the hand sanitizing stations.
- Do not crowd the bathrooms and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Respect others by initiating non-contact greetings.
- Sit in family groups in the Worship Center or in overflow areas.
- Try not to congregate after the service. We must sanitize and make room for the next service.
- Join the service online if you have been sick or if any member of your family is sick or at risk.
Please note that we are not requiring masks to be worn at Faith Bible, but we will certainly not discourage anyone from wearing them.
Here are a few announcements as we approach the weekend:
- The last of this year’s “Man Up” Bible Studies will be posted online this Saturday morning, May 16th. Mark will be finishing his series on “Measuring Up to Manhood.”
- Our Middle School Camp and Kid’s Camp have moved their date and location! The new dates are June 15-18. The new location is Camp WOW in Gerty, OK. Camp is just a month away!
- Vacation Bible School has moved to July 20-24. Please visit the website to register for VBS.
Pray for your missionary partners around the world:
- Many have been forced out of their countries, not knowing when they can return.
- Many are dealing with a significant decrease in financial support.
- Many are in the developing world where hunger and crime are dramatically on the rise during this crisis.
This Sunday will be our last week to ONLY livestream services. When we begin gathering on May 24th we will continue to livestream for those encouraged to “stay at home” and for those tuning in from all over the country and around the world. [ Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube ]
Be well, church family. We cannot wait to see what God is going to do in us and through us in the days and weeks ahead.
Thank you for your partnership in the gospel,
-The Faith Bible Staff and Elders