Faith Bible Church, Coronavirus Response
Friday, July 17, 2020 Update
Dear Church Family,
Last week at Faith Bible Church we resumed our pre-COVID worship schedule and programming. We saw a slight increase in our attendance (over June), and the ABF classes that gathered measured about 25-30% of their previous attendance. All in all, it was a successful Sunday.
This Sunday, July 19th, Mark will focus on verse 7 of 1 Corinthians 13—a sermon titled The Best of My Love.
In person and online worship times are 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM. Sermon Outlines can be downloaded at these locations:
As we gather in our building we continue to ask you to observe the following guidelines:
- Sit in family groups in the Worship Center and overflow areas.
- Do not crowd the restrooms and wash your hands thoroughly before exiting.
- Keep a courteous distance between families, preferably 6 feet.
- Take advantage of the hand sanitizing stations and sanitizing wipes positioned throughout the building.
- As much as possible, keep the hallways and foyer free from congestion.
- Exit the Worship Center courteously, but quickly, as we prepare for the next service.
We are not mandating masks, but facial coverings are never discouraged. As an additional reminder, if you or anyone in your household is experiencing the following conditions please do not join us for on campus classes or services:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Loss of taste or smell
- Fever or temperature of 100.4 F or higher
- Have had known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Have recently traveled to an area with substantial community spread
Our livestream and archived services are available to all those who need to stay at home, and we encourage anyone feeling a hint of the above symptoms or even a hint of anxiety about gathering together to join us online.
Here are a couple of ways you can pray in the days ahead:
- Pray for our high school students. They are headed to camp this Monday morning, July 20th. Our desire is that enjoy an encouraging (and healthy) week as they seek the Lord together.
- With August approaching we are keeping our missionaries who work closely with schools and universities in our prayers. FaithWorks of the Inner City is facing huge questions about how Shidler Elementary is going to return to school and how their ministry can remain effective and supportive to the Shidler community. Student Mobilization at UCO (and other local college campuses) is trying to discern how to best minister in a time of pandemic and increased campus restrictions.
We pray you have a great mid-summer weekend and we hope you can join us online or in-person on the Lord’s Day.
Thank you for your partnership in the gospel,
-The Faith Bible Staff and Elders