Faith Bible Church, Coronavirus Response
Friday, August 7, 2020 Update
Dear Church Family,
We are very grateful for what ended up being a fruitful time of Summer ministry at Faith Bible. Here are a few of the highlights.
- We began gathering again on May 26th. We restarted early childhood ministry in June and then resumed ABFs, children’s Sunday school and student ministry in mid-July. We saw a consistent attendance pattern through June and July—about 35-40% of our Pre-Covid crowd—but last week there was a significant uptick in attendance and we think that growth could continue as the routines of the fall season take shape.
- We finished a timely study of 1 Corinthians 13 and we pray God has given you ways to apply the message of that important passage of Scripture.
- We sent three different groups to summer camp. Our Kids Camp, Middle School Camp, and High School Camp were all free of incident or illness, and we were so encouraged by the ways our kids and students learned about Jesus and grew in their relationship to him.
- We also have seen most of our ABFs consistently come back together, and by all accounts those groups are more grateful for one another than they have ever been. Some still meet digitally or off-site and we are also encouraged by their faithfulness to one another.
- We don’t know when we will recapture every member of Faith Bible, and with COVID-19 still a potential hazard to many in our congregation we do understand people’s remaining apprehension to be present at church. We are, therefore, trusting our members to be prudent as they make personal decisions about their return to “normal” church life.
However, we have a Fall ministry calendar that is as close to normal as we feel it could be. Here are a few regular activities that will be returning in the next month or so.
- Weekly Wednesday night ministry (AWANA, Students, Bible Study) begins August 26th.
- Women’s Bible Studies launch Tuesday, September 15th.
- Our Man Up, monthly men’s breakfast will gather on September 12th.
- The 2:7 discipleship group starts Sunday, September 13th.
- We will continue to stream our Sunday services live online and we will attempt to stream as much of this other ministry as possible.
For the foreseeable future our ABFs and student classes remain cognizant of distancing and sanitation. Our hospitality ministry (coffee) remains on hold. And our current policy on face coverings is that they are not at all discouraged, but not required.
Beginning this Sunday you will see a change in the Worship Center seating. On the floor we have stopped skipping rows, but you’ll likely notice that we have removed approximately 220 chairs. This new arrangement slightly increases our capacity in the room, but greatly helps people with finding seats while remaining fairly well distanced from the row in front of them. We will also maintain the overflow for both services in the chapel (old Sanctuary).
As we head into mid-August please be in prayer for the families of Faith Bible with school age children. The coming school year is going to present many challenges for our families and we pray they remain both physically and spiritually healthy.
The staff and elders also covet your prayers. These are some of the strangest days we have ever lived through. We know that not every decision we make will please every member, but we are striving to serve our church family as best we can.
We do hope to see you online or in person on Sunday. We’ll be looking at the closing chapter of The Book of Jonah. It will return us to the subject we’ve focused on all summer: LOVE.
Thank you for your partnership in the gospel,
-The Faith Bible Staff and Elders