Faith Bible Church, Coronavirus Response
Thursday, April 30, 2020 Midweek Update
Dear Church Family,
As you may know, last week Governor Kevin Stitt published a 3 Phase plan that outlines how our state should reopen for business. We are grateful the plan included guidance for local churches.
Our church, however, will not be opening in Phase 1 of the state plan. We are planning to re-open for services in Phase 2 of the 3 Phase plan.
Here’s what that means:
- Lord willing, our in-person gatherings will resume Sunday, May 24th.
- To control the number of people in our building we are adjusting our service times for at least the last two Sundays of May (24th and 31st).
- Worship gatherings on those days will be at 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM.
- Families with small children need to know we will not be providing a nursery on May 24th or 31st.
- In addition, children’s Sunday school, student Sunday school, and ABF’s will not meet on May 24th or 31st.
- Finally, since nursery and children’s programming will not be provided on the 24th or 31st whole families will be worshiping together in our worship center or in designated overflow spaces.
We are taking a multitude of precautions to insure the church building is an environment that both accommodates CDC recommendations and allows us to do what the church is supposed to do when it gathers. We’ll be sharing those precautions with you in the weeks ahead.
We ask you to please begin praying about whether you will attend on May 24th. We recognize that safer at home guidelines for those 65 and older or at risk are still in place through the end of May. Our encouragement, therefore, is for people in those categories to adhere to what the state guidelines are advising and not feel any pressure to be present for services. COVID-19 is present in Edmond and over the last 6 weeks there have been several confirmed cases in our church family. There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone worshiping from home in the weeks and months ahead.
We will continue to provide an excellent livestream experience and all of our services will remain archived online. If you are not feeling comfortable about returning to gathered worship at this time you can always join us online.
Please know that we would love to be together sooner, but we feel waiting until May 24th gives us the time to assess the progress of the state’s reopening plan and gives us time to prepare the church campus for a safe return. We will likely resume our regular Sunday morning programming (service times, nursery, ABF’s, children, and students) in the month of June, but we will be processing that decision over the next month.
Here are a couple of announcements for the week:
- Vacation Bible School was originally set for June 8-12. VBS has been rescheduled for July 20-24.
- Currently, Kid’s Camp, Middle School Camp (both the week of June 22), and High School camp (week of July 12) remain on the calendar. Registration for these camps is open and you will be refunded any deposits you make if these events get cancelled.
Through all of this upheaval and unpredictability keep praying for God’s glory to shine brightest. Pastor Mark shares a powerful story on answered prayer in this week’s video devotional:
We will again be livestreaming worship services at 9:30 AM on Sunday. Please join us! We are preparing for a time of rich, Christ-centered worship.
Thank you for your partnership in the gospel,
-The Faith Bible Staff and Elders