Our purpose is to bring glory to God by equipping our congregation and missionary partners in accordance with the Scriptures for the purpose of evangelizing and discipling people from every tribe, tongue, and nation.
The Bible is a book chiefly concerned with God’s redemptive purposes in His creation. God’s plan to redeem a people for Himself through His Son, Jesus Christ, is the message of the Bible. The Scriptures further teach that God’s redeemed people will be from every tribe, tongue, and nation, and the Church’s obedience to this missions mandate will serve as God’s means in accomplishing this task. At Faith Bible Church, we take this mandate seriously, citing the following verses as our scriptural imperative to participate in God’s global redemptive purpose:
- Psalm 67:13 – “May God be gracious to us and bless us, and make His face shine upon us, that Your way may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations. May the peoples praise You O God; may all the peoples praise You.”
- Matthew 28:18-20 – “Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has be give to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you; and surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’”
- Acts 1:8 – “But you will receive the power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- Romans 10:14-15 – “How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.”’
The Goal of the FBC Missions Committee is to equip our congregation and missionary partners to evangelize and disciple people from every tribe, tongue and nation for the glory of God. Our missions efforts will follow the biblical mandate and reflect the giftedness, skills, and passions of our people. In order to maximize our efforts, we’ve prioritized mission endeavors that are heavily engaged in evangelism and discipleship, leadership development, and church planting.
How to Get Involved:
We’re all called to be salt and light everywhere we go. To some, this will mean going to the mission field, either short-term or long-term. To others, this may mean praying fervently and intentionally that the nations would be reached with the Gospel. To others, this means sending missionaries through generous and faithful financial support. And to others, it may meal all three of these commitments.
How to Give:
Unlike many other churches, Faith Bible chooses to empower our congregation to give to our missionaries directly instead of having the Missions Committee choose where to send funds. There are several ways you can give to a missionary here at Faith, first you can give to a missionary by writing the amount you want to give in the memo of your check when you place it into our offering slots located throughout the church building. Secondly, if you give online there is a section where the mission trip or missionary might be listed or choose “OTHER-we will contact you” and our finance team will get with you on where to designate your gifts and amount you would like to give. For example if I were to feel led to give $100 to Missionary X, I would write “Missionary X – $100” on my online giving or check memo.
- Online here for specific mission trips: http://faithbibleok.com/G2M
- General giving or designated giving: https://faithbible.ccbchurch.com/goto/giving
For more information about giving to missions, how to get involved or a full list of our missionary partners please contact Justin Kinsley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Sponsoring a Child Today!
Your tax-deductible contribution of just $38 a month connects a child living in poverty with a loving, church-based Child Sponsorship Program.
Your support provides:
- Medical checkups, which often save lives
- Nutritious food
- Health and hygiene training
- Educational assistance
- Access to special services like surgeries and disaster relief
- Mentoring to help children discover their incredible value as God’s children
- Most important of all, your sponsored child will hear about Jesus Christ and be encouraged to develop a lifelong relationship with God.
- Click here to learn more!
Kenya Church Planting – East African Presbytery – Western Kenya
Starting in 2016 the Missions Committee at Faith Bible has made it a priority to join forces with the East Africa Presbytery to help in their effort to plant churches with biblically trained pastors in West Kenya. Our teams consist of local FBC members who have felt the call to join us on an 12 day trip to evangelize to the native Kenyans near a newly built church. This short-term mission trip revolves around face to face evangelism, as our team seeks to help fill the pews with individuals so that they might hear the Gospel and grow in discipleship. Each evening the mission team hosts a crusade for anyone in the local region to attend and hear the Gospel. The trip is capped with a church dedication for both the newly erected building and the newly instated pastor.
For more information or to submit an application for the trip please contact Pastor Justin Kinsley at email@example.com.
Contact: For more information on international missions efforts please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our church office at 405-340-1000