Welcome to FaithKids at Faith Bible Church. We are a ministry that exists to glorify God by supporting parents in their God-given role to lead their children to love and follow Jesus Christ. We are committed to providing a biblically rich environment where children can grow in their faith and deepen their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Children are very special gifts from God and they are wonderful to both you as parents and to us as a church. Our FaithKids Ministry is designed to support parents in their responsibility for the spiritual nurture and growth of their children.
The FaithKids Ministry team has dedicated and committed workers who love God and love working with children. It is our desire to provide standard of excellence in all that we do in FaithKids. In Psalm 145 it says, “One generation commends Your works to another. They speak of Your mighty acts. They tell of the glorious splendor of Your majesty and I will proclaim Your great deeds.” It is our prayer that we will teach this generation about truths found in God’s Word. We want FaithKids to increase in their knowledge of the Bible, to walk in the fullness of the Holy Spirit and to grow in Godly character.
FaithKids is divided into two groups:
- FaithKids, Jr. – nursery age through preschoolers
- FaithKids – Kindergarten – 5th graders
We are currently using the curriculum, Answers in Genesis which provides our children a deeper understanding of the Bible as one complete story of redemption. This curriculum will equip our children with a biblically-based world view.
This curriculum is taught to our 3 year old children, up through our 5th grade. There are take-home sheets available for each lesson.
Our toddlers are taught from a curriculum that introduces the importance of treasuring truths from God. It how God created everything, He loves and He gave His Son Jesus to us. We provide many opportunities for them to learn and develop through story times, singing, playing and enjoying snacks. All of our snacks for PreK age and below are both nut-free and gluten-free.
How do you enter the Children’s Building?
We are currently in construction of a new Children’s and Student Building (Middle & High School) so the entrance to our area is available through the north doors and the east doors. The South Door is currently blocked and will be available again when the building is complete next spring.
I’m brand new and I want to bring my children on Sunday. What do I do and where do I go?
The Children’s Building is located on the southwest corner of the campus, but as of Fall of 2018, that south entrance is blocked due to construction of the new Children’s Building. You may enter at either the north entrance or the east doors (the east doors are the closest to the children’s building) and follow the signs to the children’s area.
We have a big desk that has people there to help you get registered. After your information is placed in our system, we will have nametags for your children with a security number on it. You will also be given a security number that you will present to the leaders in your child’s rooms.
You will also receive a card that you keep with you telling you exactly which rooms your child(ren) will be in when you come back to pick them up.
It is recommended that you plan to come early to the children’s area because it takes a few minutes to properly register your children and to take them to their classrooms.
Another option is come up for a tour of the Children’s Facility during the week before you come and take care of registration at a less hectic time. Just contact the Connie Goodson or Debra Johnson to make an appointment. Debra.Johnson@faithbibleok.com
How do you contact me if one of my children need me?
We provide pagers for the parents/guardians of our Infants, walkers and toddlers as well as text messaging to your phone for older children.
What about the volunteers who will be with my child?
Anyone who teaches or serves in our Children’s Area must first have a background check and meet with a staff member to affirm their belief in Jesus Christ and to discern where they would be most suited to serve in this ministry. These volunteers are servants and desire to teach God’s Word to our children no matter what the age. They desire to care and nurture your child so that you’re able to worship and grow in Christ as well.
- Our Vacation Bible School is open to all children who are going INTO Kindergarten through 5th grades. Please check the calendar and registration page for upcoming dates and registration opportunities.
- This summer we will be attending Cave Springs Retreat Center for our children’s camp. Any child age 8 and up is invited to attend. Last year we took 120 children to camp along with many sponsors.
- We travel by chartered buses and we have a wonderful time of growing in Christ and connecting to one another.
- Cost is usually around $235-300 per camper. Early bird rates begin in February. If you or a grandparent are interested in buying your child camp for a Christmas present, please contact the Children’s Office and we will be able to help you with that. Scholarships and partial scholarships are available if requested. Please check the calendar and registration page for upcoming dates and registration opportunities.
- In addition to our ministry to children on Sunday mornings, AWANA meets on Wednesday evenings throughout the school year. We begin on Wednesday nights in the Fellowship Hall at 6:15 and AWANA concludes at 7:30 pm. To register during open Awana registration please click here to visit our current online sign-ups page. If you need to register after AWANA has already started you can fill out a paper registration form in the church office or in the Children’s Department on Wednesday nights.
- If you need to request an AWANA scholarship click here to email our children’s director.
- Kingdom Kids Choir is celebrating its 20th anniversary year with two musical productions this year! Our Christmas musical, entitled “The Signs of Christmas,” will be on Sunday, Dec. 15 at 6 PM. We meet each Sunday night during the school year. 2nd – 6th Grades meet in the Children’s Theatre Room (210) from 5:00 – 6:30 PM. Kindergarten – 1st Grades meet in E-7 beginning Oct. 6 from 5:00 – 5:45 PM. As with AWANA, all participants should register ONCE for each school year. For questions, contact Carmen Crawford: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a heart for children and are interested in serving in any of our children’s ministry opportunities please contact the Children’s Ministry Director Connie Goodson at email@example.com.