We are praying all is well with you. Many of you are working from home for the first time, schooling at home for the first time, or trying to not ingest too much cable news. The struggle is very real.
In light of these things, here are a few FAITH BIBLE ministry updates:
- The Children’s Ministry will have care packages available for our Early Childhood thru 5th graders. You can pick those up from the Tower Entry (south) from 1PM to 4PM.
- Our Student Ministry is reading through the Book of Mark and interacting with one another through a SmartPhone App called Marco Polo. If you want more information about what the youth are doing, please contact Justin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The students have also committed themselves to pray several times each day using this simple 1 Minute Prayer outline: Prayer Outline
- The office remains open from 9AM to 2PM. We are not fully staffing the office, but if you’d like to drop off a contribution or express a need we are here.
Here a few prayer/praise updates:
- We know of one family in our church infected with COVID-19. One spouse and one of their children tested positive, but they have recovered and the spouse has even returned to work! Praise the Lord!
- Fikret and Darlene Bocek, church partners in a least reached part of the world, were both admitted to the hospital yesterday with pneumonia and fever and are awaiting their test results. Please pray.
- Our Kenya team has suspended their late May/early June trip to Kenya. The new church is still being constructed but their trip will not take place as planned. Pray for Tim Hendrickson as he reorganizes that short-term team for a future deployment.
Lastly, here is this week’s video from Pastor Mark. It’s a timely word of encouragement from Proverbs 18:10 -3.25.20 A Call to Encourage Others – Pastor Mark
We hope this trying time is giving you a passion for the things that matter.
Our prayer is that we can gather together soon, but we will not overstep how we are currently being instructed by local and national authorities.
In this time of isolation, continue to seek the Lord in his Word, encourage one another as best you can, and continue to love your neighbor in unprecedented ways.
Thank you for your partnership in the Gospel,
– The Elders and Staff of Faith Bible Church