Faith Bible Church, Coronavirus Response
Thursday, May 7, 2020 Midweek Update
Dear Church Family,
As we transition into the month of May we highly anticipate our return to gathered worship.
We announced last week that we will be reopening the church on Sunday, May 24th, with services being held at 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM.
As we move into a measured reopening of our church please recognize that no plan for reopening will make sense to everyone. Some in our church feel we should reopen immediately. Some feel we should be much more cautious. Whatever your opinion, you have to choose to not let the opposing views on this subject divide us. What unites us is Jesus Christ. Our shared love and worship of Jesus makes us indivisible.
As outlined in a previous email here is what gathered worship will look like on the 24th and 31st of May:
- Family Worship Services at 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM
- Nursery will not be offered. Sunday School for children and students will not meet. ABF’s will not meet.
- Every other row in the Worship Center will be blocked off to ensure social distancing.
- At least two overflow spaces will be available (Sanctuary and High School room) if Worship Center gets overly crowded.
- Coffee, tea, or other refreshments will not be made available.
Here are a few guidelines for those in attendance:
- Keep a reasonable distance between families, preferably 6 feet.
- Take advantage of the hand sanitizing stations.
- Do not crowd the bathrooms and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Respect others by initiating non-contact greetings.
- Sit in family groups in the Worship Center or in overflow areas.
- Try not to congregate after the service. We must sanitize and make room for the next service.
- Join the service online if you have been sick or if any member of your family is sick or at risk.
Please note that we are not requiring masks to be worn at Faith Bible, but we will not discourage anyone from wearing them. Also, the state reopening plan advises those over 65 or vulnerable to continue to “stay at home” thru the end of the month of May. Our encouragement, therefore, is for people in those at-risk categories to adhere to what the state guidelines are advising and not feel any pressure to be present for services. We will, of course, be livestreaming both morning services on Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube and on our church website.
As we get into the month of June we anticipate our normal schedule will be resumed, but we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves so look for detailed communication on those plans as June draws closer.
In the meantime, join us in praying for the eradication of COVID19. Pray that our reopening will invigorate our church body and be a blessing to our community. Pray for local, state and national leaders as they make hard public health and economic decisions every day. Pray that this international crisis would put a longing for Christ in people’s hearts and that many would hear and respond to the gospel.
Here are a few announcements:
- MAN UP – May 16th
Our MAN UP, Men’s Breakfast will not meet in the month of May, but on Saturday morning, May 16th at 8:30 AM we will be posting Mark’s conclusion to our Study of 1 Timothy 3:1-8 live on Facebook, Vimeo, and our church website.
- Parent+Child Dedication typically happens on Mother’s Day. We are suspending those until later in the summer. We’ll publish that date as soon as we have a date selected.
- VBS – July 20-24th
We have changed the date of Vacation Bible School to July 20-24, 2020. You can register for VBS on the church website.
- Tomorrow we will post Mark’s video devotional for the week.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Thank you for your partnership in the gospel,
-The Faith Bible Staff and Elders