Faith Bible Church, Coronavirus Response
Friday, June 5, 2020 Update
Dear Church Family,
It has been such a joy to gather for worship these last couple of weeks. Most of you have not rejoined corporate worship yet, so here’s a brief report on how the last two weeks have gone:
- On May 24th (Memorial Day) we had just under 300 people in our two morning services. We had plenty of space to distance and it was a delight to be together.
- On May 31st we had about 375 people in our two morning services. Again, there was no issue with social distancing, and the joy of seeing one another and worshipping together was palpable. Several people were in masks, but our overflow spaces were not used.
Here is our Sunday morning plan for the next month:
- Our 9 AM and 11 AM service times will remain in place June 7th thru July 5th.
- Beginning this Sunday, June 7th we will be offering nursery and childcare for infants thru Pre-K.
- Lord willing, on Sunday, July 12th we will return to our normal pre-COVID schedule, meaning our services will move back to 9:30 AM and 11 AM, and we will resume ABFs, all children’s Sunday school classes, and student ministry.
We’d love to be offering our full slate of Sunday morning programming at this time, but the governor’s task force is still advising at risk people to “stay at home.” Additionally, we can only program what we can staff. We have many who serve in children’s ministry who, understandably, aren’t ready for a full return. Our hope is that as the summer moves along staffing our children’s ministry won’t be near the challenge that it is today. If you’d like to volunteer with children to get us through this complicated season, please contact Connie Goodson. She’d love to hear from you.
A couple of announcements:
- This Sunday marks the 40th anniversary of Faith Bible Church! We will be celebrating this milestone on Sunday morning; however, we won’t be hosting our annual ice cream social. Consider our church anniversary a good excuse to indulge in some ice cream at home.
- Two new elders will be coming on the board this month. Tony Bostwick, long-time member and former Faith Bible Treasurer will be serving as an elder for the first time. Derry Myers will be returning to the board after a brief hiatus. If you have a biblical objection to these men serving please voice your concern to one of our current elders. Their installation will be June 28th. Clay Bullard and Roger Brittain will be rolling off the board.
We’ll send service reminders and digital outlines to you on Saturday. Look for those if you plan to stay at home. Both services will be streamed live on our webpage, facebook page, vimeo site, and YouTube.
We hope you join us in person or online.
Thank you for your partnership in the gospel,
-The Faith Bible Staff and Elders