Faith Bible Church, Coronavirus Response
Friday, July 3, 2020 Update
As we head into the holiday weekend we want you to know about some of the ministry activity continuing at Faith Bible.
FAITHKIDS CAMP WAS A BIG SUCCESS! – 115 children and sponsors had a great week at camp. One child made a profession of faith in Jesus and many others learned more about what God’s Word says about “finishing the race.” It was a wonderful week – THANK YOU for praying.
MIDDLE SCHOOL CAMPERS HAD GREAT WEEK – In June over 50 middle school students also went to camp. The youth staff taught on the doctrine of justification by faith alone. Thank you for praying for these kids. They had a great week.
VBS TEAM CONTINUES TO PLAN – As of right now, Vacation Bible School will be taking place July 20th-24th.
HIGH SCHOOL CAMP A GO!!! – Our high school students will head to Bailey, CO for a week in late July. They are unable to go to Ravencrest Chalet this year, but they are excited about programming their own week at Deer Creek Mountain Camp.
GEARING UP FOR FALL MINISTRY – In the coming weeks we will be publishing our fall ministry schedule. Please be on the lookout for that information. There are several big announcements on the horizon.
Speaking of big announcements. We are moving toward an important Sunday on the church calendar—July 12th. The 12th is the day we have circled to resume our full Sunday morning ministry schedule. Here are the details:
- We are restarting all Sunday morning children’s ministry, student ministry, and Adult Bible Fellowships. We have been doing early childhood ministry since June 7th, which means on the 12th we’ll be adding elementary Sunday School (K-5th) both hours and student Sunday School (6th-12th) at 9:30 AM.
- Service times will be moving back to 9:30 and 11:00
- ABF’s will meet at their normal times (8:15, 9:30 and 11:00) and all of them will be taking extra precautions for how they use their rooms. For example:
- Chairs in classrooms will be spaced out a little more than normal.
- Every classroom will have disinfectant wipes and each ABF will wipe down surfaces after using the room.
- ABF members will be intentional about not lingering in the classroom or hallways to relieve congestion.
- Teachers will be making sure their classes wrap up a little early to help the morning run smoothly.
- Overflow seating will still be made available if our Worship Center exceeds an appropriate capacity.
This week we will take a short break from our study of 1 Corinthians 13. We’ll be look closely at the 14th chapter of Exodus, understanding what God does to redeem his people and give them ultimate freedom.
We hope you join us online or in person this Sunday!
Thank you for your partnership in the gospel,
-The Faith Bible Staff and Elders