Faith Bible Church, Coronavirus Response
Friday, August 14, 2020 Update
Dear Church Family,
The middle of March seems like so long ago, but in one of the church-wide emails that was sent at the time, this bit of encouragement was given:
“…here is what we do know: we are getting through this and the strong bonds that unite us to Jesus and to one another will absolutely sustain us. Our connection to one another is not merely emotional or societal. We really are the body of Christ.”
That is as true today as it was then. We are making it through this, and we are Christ’s Body. But make no mistake, the Enemy has attempted to use the last 5 months to destroy the body of Christ. Shutting down the church for over 10 weeks distanced us. The threat of the virus to the at-risk continues to isolate many of us. Strong opinions on the proper response to the virus still threaten to divide us.
Yet the gospel we’ve been given shines very bright during these times. The gospel’s message of life, hope, unconditional love, and joy lifts us out of despair and division and gives us a firm place to stand. We pray we continue to stand together—6 feet apart. HA!
As we continue to gather for worship and ministry in our building please honor one another by remaining aware of these guidelines:
- Sit in family groups in the Worship Center and overflow areas.
- Do not crowd the restrooms and be diligent to wash your hands.
- Keep a courteous distance between family groups, preferably 6 feet.
- Take advantage of the hand sanitizing stations, sanitizing wipes, and masks available throughout the building.
- As much as possible, keep the hallways and foyer free from congestion.
- Exit the worship center quickly and courteously as we prepare for the next service.
Also, do not come into the building if you or anyone in your household is experiencing these possible COVID related conditions:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Loss of taste or smell
- Fever or temperature of 100.4 F or higher
- Have had known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days
This week Pastor Mark will be preaching a timely message on worry from Matthew, chapter 6.
Sunday Worship Services will take place in-person and online at 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM. You can find outlines posted here https://faithbible.co/3aoVB3v (YouVersion), or here: https://faithbible.co/3iTc03p (PDF).
ABF’s will meet throughout the morning. Faith Kids and Faith Kids Jr. classes will assemble at 9:30 and 11:00. Student Sunday School (6th-12th grades) meets only at 9:30. Please check with your ABF leader to confirm your group is meeting.
Please be aware that as our building becomes more populated on Sunday morning anxiety about the spread of Covid-19 also increases. Whether it be through wearing a mask, not initiating a hug (even though you really want to), or mitigating congestion in a hallway or class, we all have ways of making the experience of being together rich and life-giving for all who gather. As you always do, please continue to overtly and quietly encourage one another in the days ahead. We really are the body of Christ.
Thank you for your partnership in the gospel,
-The Faith Bible Staff and Elders